Open date: November 5th, 2020
Last review date: Friday, Nov 20, 2020 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Final date: Thursday, May 5, 2022 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
Junior/Assistant/Associate/Full Specialist (Mass spectrometry)
Antibiome Center, Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry UCSF
The laboratory of Jim Wells and the Antibiome Center is seeking a highly motivated candidate to join our quick paced and multi-talented team. The successful candidate will be responsible for preparing, running, and analyzing proteomics mass spectrometry sample for the target discovery arm of the Antibiome Center. Meticulous handling of sample is required, and the candidate will have opportunities to learn and develop state-of-the-art proteomics techniques, as well as using our Thermo Q Exactive plus and newly installed Bruker timsTOF pro instruments. Our laboratory is highly collaborative and is engaged in numerous academic and industrial collaborative projects.
The Antibiome Center is part of the Recombinant Antibody Network (RAN), a collaborative consortium consisting of laboratories at the University of California San Francisco (Dr. Jim Wells), University of Chicago (Dr. Tony Kossiakoff), and the University of Toronto (Dr. Sachdev Sidhu). We are committed to generate recombinant antibodies at the surface proteome-wide scale using high throughput phage display approaches. Our long history of protein engineering expertise also enables the development of bio-therapeutic antibodies in the immuno-oncology field. More recently, we have launched an extensive effort in developing biosensors and therapeutics against SARS-CoV-2. Please visit https://pharm.ucsf.edu/wells to learn more.
- Sample preparation for proteomics analysis
- Optimization and development of standard protocols for various biological samples
- Running mass spectrometry proteomics samples
- Analysis of proteomics data
- General maintenance for mass spectrometer and organization for general users
- BS in biochemistry, cell biology, or relevant life sciences field with at least one year of wet laboratory experience at the Junior Specialist rank.
- MS in relevant life sciences field or five years to ten years of research experience for Assistant/Associate Specialist ranks.
- PhD in relevant life sciences field or at least ten years of research experience for Full Specialist rank.
- Foundational understanding and experiences in molecular biology, protein chemistry, and proteomics techniques
- Experience with proteomics conjugation and antibody pulldown techniques
- Expertise with bio-informatics and additional omics technique (such as RNA seq)
- Familiarity with data analysis and figure generation using R or Python
Appointment and salary will be commensurate with the applicant's experience and training
UCSF seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment of diversity and excellence.
UCSF is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. The University undertakes affirmative action to assure equal employment opportunity for underutilized minorities and women, for persons with disabilities, and for covered veterans. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, including minorities and women.
Please apply online at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/JPF03136, with a CV, cover letter, and three references (contact information only).
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Statement of Contributions to Diversity (Optional)
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 3 required (contact information only)