Open date: November 24th, 2020
Last review date: Wednesday, Jan 20, 2021 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Final date: Tuesday, May 24, 2022 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
OB/GYN Hospitalist - Academic Position UCSF
The Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences at the University of California, San Francisco is seeking a board certified (or eligible) OB/Gyn Academic Hospitalist at the level of Instructor, Assistant, Associate or Full Professor to join the Division of OB/Gyn & Gyn Subspecialties (OGGS) as part of a growing obstetrics-focused hospitalist program at UCSF.
The primary focus of the Hospitalists will be the clinical care of general obstetrical patients at UCSF. Work duties include twelve 12-hour shifts per month with administrative time averaging 8 hours per week for other academic endeavors. These shifts include nights, weekends and holidays. Requirements also include at least 2 OB volume back up calls from home.
Responsibilities will include:
• Attendance in OB Emergency department: this includes the direct care of patients in the OB ED as the primary provider and supervision of a rotating “triage team” that may include medical students, OB and ED residents, fellows, CNMs and NPs
• Attendance in postpartum: this includes the direct care of our complicated and MD postpartum patients and providing consultation to the postpartum NP and CNM team that attends to low-risk postpartum patients
• On-site attendance on L&D that includes being the primary or assistant surgeon in cesarean, operative vaginal and spontaneous vaginal deliveries
• Serving as primary or assistant surgeon on placenta accreta cases
• Follow-up on test results and other in-basket work
• Responding to OB and Gyn service calls
• Cover emergency Gyn cases as needed
• Participation in quality improvement initiatives
• Oversight and assurance of unit protocols, policies, and quality measures
• Participate in unit-based clinical research
• Teach hospitalist fellows, residents and medical students on inpatient OB and Gyn care
The successful applicants will demonstrate an aptitude for and dedication to medical education including direct teaching and mentorship of CNMs, nurse practitioners, fellows, residents, CNM students and medical students.
Candidates must have demonstrated capability and experience in providing evidence-based and patient-centered OB/Gyn care and in collaborating and coordinating care in clinical teams that enhance the patient experience with a commitment to excellence in clinical care, patient safety, and patient satisfaction.
The successful candidates must hold an MD or DO degree and be Board Certified or Eligible in OB/Gyn at the time of hire. Candidate's application materials must state basic qualifications (or if pending) upon submission.
A minimum of 5 years post-residency experience or have completed an OB/Gyn Hospitalist fellowship is preferred. Experience in high volume/high-risk obstetrics is also preferred. Salary and academic rank will be commensurate with experience and achievements.
Please submit curriculum vitae, cover letter, a statement of teaching, a statement of contributions to diversity and contact information for three references (contact info only). to: https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/JPF03125
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
Please apply online at: https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/JPF03125.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching
Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Please see the following page for more details:
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 3 required (contact information only)