Open date: November 5th, 2020
Next review date: Monday, Jul 5, 2021 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Apply by this date to ensure full consideration by the committee.
Final date: Thursday, May 5, 2022 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
UCSF School of Nursing
Department of Family Health Care Nursing
Health Sciences Assistant/Associate/Full Clinical Professor
The University of California, San Francisco School of Nursing Department of Family Health Care Nursing, is seeking a qualified individual for a part-time to full-time appointment as a Health Sciences Assistant/Associate/Full Clinical Professor for the Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) Specialty.
The position may incorporate a variety of roles of variable percentage, within teaching, clinical practice, service, and research/creative activities:
• For teaching, the faculty will supervise, teach, and evaluate students in the classroom, skills lab, simulation, clinical and community settings; develop course materials for management of adults and children in primary care settings; participate in FNP curriculum development; identify and develop clinical placements and community clinical resources; and provide academic advisement for students.
• For clinical practice, the faculty will serve as faculty provider at the faculty practice and/or related satellite sites, provide patient-centered care to underserved patients in interprofessional settings with FNP students. The faculty will hold a primary role in preceptor development training at the clinical sites.
• For service, the faculty will attend FNP faculty meetings and Department/School/Campus committees as assigned; contribute to professional, community, and academic organizations and the University across Department/School/Campus levels.
• For research/creative activities, the faculty will disseminate clinical knowledge developments and educational innovations through peer reviewed presentations and manuscripts.
Education/Licensure/Qualification – Minimum (required):
• Master’s degree in Nursing and/or Doctorate in Nursing Practice
• Current or eligibility for Registered Nurse, Nurse Practitioner, and Nurse Practitioner Furnishing license issued by the California Board of Registered Nursing.
• National certification as a Family Nurse Practitioner (i.e., American Nurses Credentialing Center).
• Two (2) or more years of clinical experience as FNP in primary care settings.
Additional qualification - Ideal (desired):
• Doctoral degree in Nursing, Education, or other relevant fields
• Evidence of commitment to serving the underserved in clinical settings
• Two (2) or more years of experience in clinical precepting of advanced practice nursing students
• Academic preparation in curriculum development, teaching methodologies, and supervised teaching residency/practicum
• Experience with hybrid / online teaching
• Evidence of teaching excellence in the classroom and/or clinical
• Multilingual skills preferred languages: Spanish & Chinese languages
• Strong communication, writing, and interpersonal abilities
• Proficient user of Microsoft Office, Adobe products, and Electronic Health Records
• Participation and/or leadership experience in national professional organizations.
How to Apply:
Please apply online with curriculum vitae, cover letter, statement of contribution to diversity, statement of teaching, and contact information for three professional references at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/JPF03122. For additional information, please contact: Sarah Nathan, Chair, Search Committee. Sarah.Nathan@UCSF.edu
UCSF seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or protected veteran status.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching
Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Please see the following page for more details:
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 3 required (contact information only)