Open date: October 22nd, 2020
Last review date: Friday, Nov 6, 2020 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Final date: Friday, Apr 22, 2022 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
Senior Research Scientist – Ashworth Lab
The Ashworth Lab is looking for an outstanding candidate to fill a Senior Research Scientist position.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Work independently and collaboratively to develop and pursue research projects aimed at discovering novel genetic vulnerabilities and drug sensitivities in cancer
• Train and mentor PhD students, postdocs, and other laboratory staff
• Assist with ordering, maintenance of lab equipment and other lab organization as assigned
• Possess a PhD degree with five years of postdoctoral experience.
• Applicants need to be self-motivated, fast learners, critical thinkers, and enthusiastic about science and medicine.
• Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and independently.
• Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot experiments.
• At least 2 years of experience working with mammalian cell lines in culture.
• Experience performing basic molecular biology techniques, including molecular cloning, nucleic acid isolation, PCR, and protein expression analysis.
• Expertise in cancer biology
• Experience performing gene transfer studies using lentiviral infection of human cell cultures.
• Experience with CRISPR-editing and pooled CRISPR screening techniques.
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
Please apply online at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/JPF03107.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Cover Letter (Optional)
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Statement of Contributions to Diversity (Optional)
Misc / Additional (Optional)