Open date: September 28th, 2020
Last review date: Tuesday, Oct 13, 2020 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Final date: Monday, Mar 28, 2022 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
The Department of Surgery is seeking a Specialist to support the research of Dr. Tippi MacKenzie. The MacKenzie lab studies fetal biology, with the goal of developing therapies for fetuses with genetic diseases using in-utero hematopoietic stem cell transplantation or gene therapy. We also study maternal-fetal tolerance to understand pregnancy complications. The scientist will perform experiments in mouse models and using human cells. The scientist will work in a vibrant environment with MD and PhD scientists at UCSF, in collaboration with other members of the Immunology community.
• Ph.D. in Immunology, Stem Cell Biology or a related field.
• Research experience in a lab with a strong immunology focus.
• At least 3 years of post-graduate research experience.
• Expertise with cellular immunology (particularly multi-color flow cytometry) with mouse models and/or human samples.
• Ability to work independently, including designing, executing, and troubleshooting experiments.
• Ability to mentor junior members of the lab on various research projects and conduct journal clubs.
• Excellent command of spoken and written English, including giving oral presentations and writing manuscripts and grants.
• Ability to work in collaborative interdisciplinary environment.
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, and community services have prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or protected veteran status.
Please apply online at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/JPF03090.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Cover Letter (Optional)
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Statement of Contributions to Diversity (Optional)
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 2 required (contact information only)