Open date: September 14th, 2020
Last review date: Monday, Nov 30, 2020 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Final date: Monday, Mar 14, 2022 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
Specialist- Larson Lab
The Larson lab at the Department of Radiology and Biomedical Imaging is looking for a researcher who is interested in a Junior, Assistant, Associate or Full Specialist position at UCSF. This position is focused on quantitative cancer imaging using both hybrid PET/MRI systems as well as deep learning based on large medical imaging databases to improve the assessment of aggressive cancers. The responsibilities of this position are primarily to do software-based work, and may include - development of a web portal and application for receiving and processing medical image data - optimization and deployment of machine learning models for medical imaging - development of medical image visualization tools for interpretation of results.
• Specialists appointed at the Junior rank must possess a bachelor’s degree in computer science, electrical engineering, or related discipline with extensive programming experience (or equivalent degree) or at least four years of research experience.
• Specialists appointed at the Assistant or Associate ranks must possess a master’s degree (or equivalent degree) or at least five years to ten years of research experience.
• Specialists appointed at the Full rank must possess a terminal degree (or equivalent degree) or ten or more years of research experience.
• Applicants must meet all of the requirements by the time of hire.
• Candidate’s CV and/or cover letter must state qualifications (or if pending) upon submission.
• Experience with Python and scientific computing environments.
• The ideal candidate should have a strong background in one of the following areas: software engineering, deep learning models, image processing/computer vision, as well as experience working with and organizing large datasets.
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service that has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
Please apply online at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/JPF03073, with a CV and cover letter.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Statement of Contributions to Diversity (Optional)
Misc / Additional (Optional)