Open date: September 8th, 2020
Last review date: Thursday, Oct 8, 2020 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Final date: Tuesday, Mar 8, 2022 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
Job Description: Director of Alumni Outreach and Student Experience.
The Director of Alumni Outreach and Student experience provides strategic leadership for the School’s efforts to engage and support the needs of our current learners and alumni of the School specifically related the culture and climate of the UCSF School of Dentistry. The Director collaborates with key university constituencies to develop and deploy initiatives that contribute to the success of each member of our learner population (Pre-doc, IDP, Resident and postdoctoral scholars) and build sustainable and productive engagement and interactions with the alumni of the School.
This position reports directly to the Dean of the School and serves on the Senior Leadership Team. This is a part-time 20% faculty position. The incumbent will be appointed in the Adjunct series at the Associate or Full Professor rank.
• This position works with the Dean and UDAR on development and alumni engagement
• Create a mentorship program to match current learners with School of Dentistry alumni
• Lead a needs assessment of the School of Dentistry alumni and identify strategies to increase quality and strength of alumni engagement with the school
• Initiates programs to develop a culture and climate that fosters a sense of belonging among all learners in the School of Dentistry
• Initiate programs to engage alumni in supporting and developing current learners as well as providing feedback and assistance to the Dean’s Leadership Team on goals and priorities for the School to include in its Strategic Pillars
• Collaborates with faculty and staff to ensure a positive culture and climate for all learners in the School
• Collaborates with the Associate Dean for Academic Affairs and Faculty Development and Department Chairs and faculty to implement best practices and programs for faculty that will ensure a positive culture and climate for our learners
• Collaborates with the Associate Dean for Education, administrators and faculty to develop strategies specifically designed to increase support for our diverse community of learners
• Implement metrics to monitor progress in culture and climate that inform and influence the learner experience and alumni engagement
• A member of the UCSF School of Dentistry alumni
• Demonstrated a collaborative and transparent leadership style; strong interpersonal skills; and excellent written and oral communications
• Demonstrated program development skills and the ability to track, analyze and disseminate data on effort/program evaluation
• Demonstrated ability to collaborate with and advise learners from all backgrounds and especially those underrepresented in health sciences
• Demonstrated knowledge about tools and resources on learner recruitment, retention and advancement
• Demonstrated senior-level leadership skills, including strategic partnership, negotiation and change management skills
• Demonstrated effectiveness as a culturally competent professional with broad experience interacting with and supporting the needs of a diverse learner population
• Ability to handle highly sensitive information with the utmost confidentiality is critical
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
Please apply online at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/JPF03066. Applicant’s materials must list current and/or pending qualifications upon submission.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Please see the following page for more details:
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 2-4 required (contact information only)