Open date: September 22nd, 2020
Last review date: Thursday, Oct 22, 2020 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Final date: Tuesday, Mar 22, 2022 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
The Division of Gastroenterology at the University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) is recruiting a transplant hepatologist.
The transplant hepatologist will devote their effort to both patient care in transplant hepatology and general hepatology, as well as academic work in research, quality improvement, medical education, program development or another academic area. The individual will report to the Chief of the Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology.
Minimum Requirements: Candidates must be board certified or eligible in both gastroenterology and transplant hepatology.
The appointment will be made at the level of Instructor, Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor of Medicine in the Health Sciences Clinical, Clinical X, Adjunct, or In Residence series. Our goal is to provide new faculty members with clinical experiences that match their interests while also creating opportunities to explore and develop a path for academic success and a rewarding career in academic medicine.
Highlights of this role include:
• A supportive and truly interdisciplinary team where each member is an equal contributor
• Dedicated and gifted faculty and staff and outstanding trainees at all levels (medical students, residents, and fellows)
• Academic environment with commitment to excellence in patient care, education, and research
• Strong research environment and collaborative culture within the Division and Institution that affords virtually unlimited opportunities for interdisciplinary research, program development, academic productivity, and education
• Institutional culture that is highly receptive and friendly to patient care
• Opportunity to serve as an Attending Physician on the interdisciplinary care service, liver transplant, both in the inpatient and outpatient setting
• Opportunities to direct clinical and educational programs within the hospital and the community
• Protected time for academic work and a structured curriculum for faculty career development and leadership
• Diverse patient population
Successful candidates will have strong references and evidence of or potential for outstanding leadership in academic medicine.
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
Please apply online and submit curriculum vitae, cover letter, statement of contributions to diversity, and the contact information for two references at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/JPF03061.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Please see the following page for more details:
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 2 required (contact information only)