Open date: August 24th, 2020
Last review date: Tuesday, Sep 8, 2020 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Final date: Thursday, Feb 24, 2022 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
The Rosenberg Lab is now recruiting for a Professional Researcher. The selected candidate will be appointed at the Assistant, Associate, or Full rank. Areas of responsibilities for this position include:
Working with Dr. Oren Rosenberg, the scientist will work 20% for the Rosenberg lab and 80% for the Structural Biology Consortium of the QBI Coronavirus Research Group. This group is focusing on solving the structure of host-pathogen interactions to understand how the coronavirus SARS-Cov2 is using the human cells to achieve its life cycle. This position will involve the identification of the best host-pathogen interactions and designing the constructs of interest. The candidate will work in the collaboration with the purification team and the structural team to coordinate the production of the viral proteins and some host proteins in E. coli. In addition, for the production this position will involve some protein complex purification when possible. Finally, the scientist will be in charge of the day-to-day life of the Rosenberg lab as a scientific mentor for PhD students and safety officer.
• Ph.D. in biochemistry or related field with additional 2+ year(s) of relevant experience in structural biology.
• Detailed knowledge in recombinant expression in E. coli & insect cells, protein biochemistry (including affinity, ion exchange, HIC, SEC chromatography) and be familiar with chromatography hardware/software (GE AKTA)
• Biochemistry analytical experience (SDS PAGE, Western Blot)
• Strong written/verbal communication for weekly scientific report.
• Desire to be a team player in a dynamic, cross-functional environment
• Ability to maintain excellent laboratory records using Benchling Entreprise
• Ability to upgrade Benchling using JSON and SQL
• Demonstrated excellence in training others in the lab to complete complex scientific tasks
• Additional experience as lab manager is preferred, to help writing SOP and BUA, follow up supplies orders and maintenance of the lab equipment
Screening of applicants will begin immediately and will continue as needed throughout the recruitment period. Salary and rank will be commensurate with the applicants experience and training.
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service that has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
Please apply online at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/JPF03056. Applicant’s materials must list current and/or pending qualifications upon submission.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Cover Letter (Optional)
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Statement of Contributions to Diversity (Optional)
Misc / Additional (Optional)