Open date: August 24th, 2020
Last review date: Friday, Nov 6, 2020 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Final date: Thursday, Feb 24, 2022 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
School of Nursing
University of California, San Francisco
Associate or Full Professor of Clinical X Faculty Search
The Department of Family Health Care Nursing is seeking applications from individuals with expertise in education and/or patient care technology for a position as Professor of Clinical X. The selected candidate will be appointed to a full-time position at the Associate or Full Professor rank, depending on qualifications.
The Department of Family Health Care Nursing optimizes the health and well-being of children, women, and families in a changing multicultural society through our nursing programs of teaching, research, and practice, as well as through community service.
• Doctoral degree in Nursing
• Current or eligibility for California Registered Nurse licensure
• Current or eligibility for California Nurse Practitioner and Nurse Practitioner Furnishing licensure, or California Clinical Nurse Specialist licensure
Qualifications and Experience (required):
• Demonstrated excellence in teaching, national recognition for independent research, extensive clinical activities, service, leadership
• Expertise of two or more years of classroom and/or clinical teaching experience with Advanced Practice Nursing or DNP students at the graduate level
• Participate in active clinical practice as an advanced practice nurse
• Evidence of inter-professional activities, particularly in clinical education and/or healthcare technology innovation
• Have a proven track record of success or expertise in education technology innovation including simulation, remote learning pedagogy and applications, telehealth, and/or patient/population centered technological innovations.
Additional Experience – Ideal (desired):
• Established program of funded scholarly activities with evidence of interdisciplinary and/or community collaborative work, which advances the understanding of issues (such as technology online teaching, virtual simulations, tele-precepting, telehealth) and its impact on learning outcomes for students and/or health outcomes for patients with diverse needs
• Evidence of leadership at the national or international level
• Evidence in strong leadership skills in clinical and/or academic settings
• Academic preparation in curriculum development, technology-based teaching methodologies, and supervised teaching residency/practicum
• Experience with hybrid and/or online teaching
Areas of Responsibility:
• Teaching and advising masters and /or DNP students
• Maintaining and enhancing scholarly activities related to education and/or healthcare technology that include graduate students and other faculty members in the School of Nursing
• Participating as a faculty member in activities of the Department of Family Health Care Nursing
• Developing and enhancing collaborative relationships within the School of Nursing and other schools at the UCSF campus related to technology education/innovation across campus
• Enhancing and expanding interprofessional collaborative education and practice models with other UCSF schools/departments
• Engaging in community service, university service, and professional activities as required for a Professor of Clinical X position at UCSF
• Exhibiting leadership in promoting welcoming classroom environments for students from culturally, economically, and educationally diverse groups
Please apply online with CV, Cover Letter, Statement of Contributions to Diversity, Statement of Teaching (to include one syllabus of course taught), Statement of Research (to include key publications) and the Contact Information of three (3) references at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/JPF03052. To receive full consideration, please submit all materials prior to the initial review date. This position will remain open until filled.
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Statement of Teaching - Please include one syllabus of course taught to the statement of teaching.
Statement of Research - Please include key publications to the statement of research.
Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Please see the following page for more details:
- 3 required (contact information only)