Open date: July 21st, 2020
Last review date: Wednesday, Aug 5, 2020 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Final date: Friday, Jan 21, 2022 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated individual to join our lab focused on stem cell, craniofacial development, and gastrointestinal regeneration. The incumbent will conduct lead the lab's initiative to perform high throughput drug screening on yeast models of human diseases.
Job Responsibilities: Perform experiments and data analysis under the direction of the PI or a senior scientist in the lab. Tasks will include, but not be limited to, the establishment and troubleshooting of protocols to maintain yeast models of human diseases and to perform high throughput drug screening on these yeast models. In addition, the applicant will be expected to attend regular lab meetings and to perform additional duties in the lab as needed.
• BA/BS degree in cell/molecular biology or related sciences or a minimum of 4 years of research experience
• Previous experience working on yeast models of human diseases
• Experience conducting high throughput drug screening on yeast models of human diseases (direct experience in genotyping, phenotyping and scaling to HTS)
• Direct experience performing DNA,RNA and bacterial plasmid purificiation, PCR, gel electrophoresis, culturing bacterial and yeast cell lines, bacterial staining, DNA quantification, microbial growth assays and spectrophotometry
• Ability to organize data and keep detailed records
• Excellent communication skills (both oral and written) in English
• Flexibility and willingness to work on multiple projects
• Excellent organization skill and attention to detail
• Excellent time and task management skills
• Proficiency with softwares like Microsoft Office Suite, JMP and SQL
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment
• Ability to work independently
• Strong analytical abilities and problem solving skills
• Ability to maintain comprehensive laboratory notebook of experiments done on a daily basis
• Ability to work independently and assess need for assistance from supervisor
Applicant’s materials must list current and/or pending qualifications upon submission.
Appointees in the Specialist series will be expected to engage in specialized research, professional activities and do not have teaching responsibilities. Specialists are expected to use their professional expertise to make scientific and scholarly contributions, and may participate in University and Public Service. Screening of applicants will begin immediately and will continue as needed throughout the recruitment period. Salary will be commensurate with the applicants experience and training.
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service that has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
Please apply online at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/JPF03042
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Cover Letter (Optional)
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Statement of Contributions to Diversity (Optional)
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 3 required (contact information only)