Open date: July 28th, 2020
Last review date: Wednesday, Aug 12, 2020 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Final date: Friday, Jan 28, 2022 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
The Bakar Computational Health Sciences Institute is now recruiting for an Associate or Full Specialist. Areas of specialization/responsibilities for this position involves:
• Developing and utilizing computational tools and systems to analyze and interpret biological or other research data.
• Utilizes and develops algorithms, computational techniques, and statistical methodologies.
• Helps in the design of new experiments.
• Specialists appointed at the Associate rank must possess a master’s degree (or equivalent degree) or five to ten years of experience in the relevant specialization.
• Specialists appointed at the Full rank must possess a terminal degree (or equivalent degree) or ten or more years of experience in the relevant specialization.
• Strong problem-solving skills, creative thinking, and the ability to build new software tools as needed are required.
• Good communication skills and be fluent in both spoken and written English.
• A background in molecular biology or medicine or pharmacology will be a strong plus.
• Prior experience with sequencing, genetic, microarray, drug, or clinical databases, text-mining, knowledge representation, or parallel computing platforms is a plus. This exciting work will be guided by multidisciplinary collaborations with top scientists in neonatology, genetics, environmental science, immunology and microbiome research at UCSF.
• Experience with analyzing methylation data and integrative omics analysis.
• Knowledge of public databases.
• Post-graduate training in field.
Applicant’s materials must list current and/or pending qualifications upon submission.
Appointees in the Specialist series will be expected to engage in specialized research, professional activities and do not have teaching responsibilities. Specialists are expected to use their professional expertise to make scientific and scholarly contributions, and may participate in University and Public Service. Screening of applicants will begin immediately and will continue as needed throughout the recruitment period. Salary and rank will be commensurate with the applicants experience and training.
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
Please apply online at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/JPF03039
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Cover Letter (Optional)
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Statement of Contributions to Diversity (Optional)
Misc / Additional (Optional)