Open date: July 21st, 2020
Last review date: Wednesday, Sep 30, 2020 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Final date: Friday, Jan 21, 2022 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
Specialist- Viswanath Lab
The Viswanath lab at the Department of Radiology and Biomedical Imaging is looking for a researcher who is interested in a Junior, Assistant, Associate or Full Specialist position at UCSF. The overarching goal of the laboratory is to leverage cancer genomics and biology for the development of novel metabolic imaging biomarkers and therapeutic targets for brain tumors.
- Specialists appointed at the Junior rank must possess a bachelor’s degree in chemistry or related subject (or equivalent degree) or at least four years of research experience.
- Specialists appointed at the Assistant or Associate ranks must possess a master’s degree (or equivalent degree) or at least five years to ten years of research experience.
- Specialists appointed at the Full rank must possess a terminal degree (or equivalent degree) or ten or more years of research experience.
- Applicants must meet all of the requirements by the time of hire.
- Candidate’s CV and/or cover letter must state qualifications (or if pending) upon submission.
- A MS/Ph.D in Chemistry or Biochemistry with at least 3 years of postdoctoral experience
- Prior experience in the following areas: development of novel hyperpolarized 13C-MRS agents, synthetic or medicinal chemistry, deuteration of chemical substrates, magnetic resonance imaging, hyperpolarized 13C-MRS imaging in vivo, cell culture and intracranial injection of tumor cells, mouse handling and surgery.
- Familiarity using the Hypersense (or similar) polarizer and 3T and 14T preclinical imaging systems is essential
- Expertise with hyperpolarized 13C-MRS in vivo is essential
- Expertise with chemical synthesis is essential
- Expertise with 1H and 13C NMR, mass spectrometry and HPLC is essential
- Exposure working in medicinal chemistry in a pharmaceutical industry will be considered a plus
- Post-graduate training in the field
- Independent specialized research
Please apply online at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/JPF03035, with a CV and cover letter.
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Statement of Contributions to Diversity (Optional)
Misc / Additional (Optional)