Open date: May 29th, 2020
Last review date: Saturday, Jun 13, 2020 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Final date: Thursday, Dec 31, 2020 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
A unique opportunity to be a part of a rapidly expanding, multi-center department.
CERTIFIED ORTHOTIST / PROSTHETIST
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery
Functional Title: Orthotist-Prosthetist
The University of California, San Francisco division of Prosthetics and Orthotics in the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery is seeking applicants interested in a dynamic clinician position.
Incumbent will have the opportunity to work as full-time clinician in the newly remodeled Orthotic and Prosthetic Center at Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hospital. Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hospital is a Level 1 trauma hospital and as one of the largest county hospitals, it is the heart of the city. Candidate will be responsible for providing patient care for a broad range of orthotic and prosthetic related medical diagnoses in both inpatient and outpatient care settings. As a clinician, there will be opportunity to also be a part of other outside clinics in skilled and rehabilitation locations. Additionally, candidate will work closely with members of other departments such as ortho surgeons, neuro and vascular specialists, physical therapists, podiatrists, physiatrists and social workers to lay out a treatment plan to achieve optimum functional outcome for patients.
- Specialists appointed at the full rank must possess a master’s or terminal degree (or equivalent degree). Bachelor of Science degree in Prosthetics and Orthotics (BSPO) for those who graduated from an NCPOE accredited Orthotic and Prosthetic Curriculum prior to 2012.
- ABC certified Orthotist/Prosthetist or Board-eligible
- Some prior experience providing direct patient care in an orthotic and prosthetic facility
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge and abilities essential to successful performance of duties in a patient care setting
- Demonstrated excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of disease processes and associated orthotic / prosthetic intervention
- Familiarity with current treatment modalities, materials and fabrication techniques
- Ability to work efficiently, and effectively
Medical benefits and pension plan are included. Salary will be commensurate to applicant’s qualifications and experience.
UCSF seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or protected veteran status.
Please apply online with CV contacts of 2 references at:
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Cover Letter (Optional)
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Statement of Contributions to Diversity (Optional)
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 2 required (contact information only)