Open date: June 19th, 2020
Last review date: Sunday, Jul 19, 2020 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Final date: Sunday, Dec 19, 2021 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
Health Sciences Clinical Professor (Assistant/Associate/Full) and Specialty Coordinator of the Adult-Gerontology Primary Care NP Program
The University of California, San Francisco School of Nursing Department of Community Health Systems seeks clinical faculty experts for full-time or part-time positions in the Department of Community Health Systems. Major responsibilities include: teaching Advanced Practice Nursing students in the classroom and clinical setting with a focus in adult-gerontology primary care; support health promotion and grant activities; advise NP students in the program; and advance the NP role through scholarly activities. In addition to these requirements of all candidates, we are seeking a faculty member to serve as the specialty coordinator of the Adult Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner program. The specialty coordinator coordinates and oversees all specialty educational components, including curriculum, students and faculty. Faculty practice opportunities may be available as a percentage of positions.
Education/Licensure – Minimum:
• Master’s Degree or clinical doctorate in Nursing; Doctoral degree strongly preferred (PhD/DNP).
• California RN licensure and NP certificate, or eligibility.
• National certification as an Adult Nurse Practitioner, Gerontology Nurse Practitioner, or Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner.
Experience - Minimum:
• One year of clinical experience as an advanced practice nurse in adult-gerontology primary care.
• Clinical experience working with underserved and diverse populations.
• Graduate teaching experience.
Additional Experience – Ideal:
• Two or more years of clinical teaching experience with Advanced Practice Nursing including clinical precepting.
• Experience delivering primary care via telehealth modalities.
• Clinical experience with interprofessional practice and team-based care.
• Spanish language proficiency or second language skills strongly preferred.
• For specialty coordinator candidates, academic administrative experience and three or more years of clinical experience as an advanced practice nurse in adult-gerontology primary care.
For further information, please contact:
Please apply online at: https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/JPF02995
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Statement of Research
Statement of Teaching
Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Please see the following page for more details:
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 3 required (contact information only)