Open date: April 27th, 2020
Last review date: Tuesday, May 12, 2020 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Final date: Wednesday, Oct 27, 2021 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
Shoichet lab/ Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry
University of California, San Francisco
The Specialist will assist in drug discovery projects, formulating novel small molecules for animal studies, analyzing inhibition of enzymes by small molecule libraries, and to test the aggregation of novel small molecule drug hits by light scattering.
• The Specialist will be part of a research team that combines computational and experimental approaches for drug discovery in challenging targets. They will collaborate and assist on research projects that will primarily involve bacterial protein expression & purification, enzyme inhibition, formulation and colloidal aggregation of small molecules.
• As necessary, the Specialist will also perform further tasks including maintaining the chemicals inventory, ordering supplies, and shipping compounds.
The job duties will include:
- Conducting novel small molecule aggregation analysis using dynamic light scattering and enzyme assays in drug discovery.
- Studying colloidal formation and its effect in early chemical biology and drug discovery.
- Crystallography-quality protein purification & site-directed mutagenesis.
- Protein-ligand binding analysis by isothermal titration calorimetry, DSF, etc.
- Small molecule drug formulation design and optimization for animal studies.
- Training students, maintaining lab equipment, supplies, safety & sustainability.
- BSc degree in a related science field with ten or more years of research experience, OR a Ph.D. in a related science field.
- Experience with protein biochemistry and biophysical techniques
- Experience in bacterial protein expression and purification
- Mastery of analytical techniques (UV-Vis Spectroscopy, HPLC, light scattering, etc)
- Detail-oriented, organized, and able to work as part of a team in a collaborative environment
- Candidate must meet the requirements by the time of appointment. Candidate’s CV must list qualifications (or if pending) upon submission
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service that has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
Please apply online at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/JPF02989, with a CV and three references (contact information only).
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Cover Letter (Optional)
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Statement of Contributions to Diversity (Optional)
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 3 required (contact information only)