Open date: April 3rd, 2020
Last review date: Sunday, Jan 31, 2021 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Final date: Sunday, Oct 3, 2021 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
Al-Sady Lab – Junior/Assistant/Associate/Full Specialist
SCHOOL OF MEDICINE – Hooper Foundation/Microbiology and Immunology
The Al-Sady lab is seeking a Junior/Assistant/Associate/Full Specialist to join our group and contribute to new and ongoing projects. Our lab focuses on chromatin processes and how epigenetic signals are propagated along the genome. We are also interested in developing new approaches to map the spatia and temporal disturbuion of epigenetic marks in vitro. The candidate will be expected to contribute to this tool development and chromatin biochemistry work in the lab, by conducting molecular biology and biochemistry techniques, including preparation of chromatin reagents, asmmetryic chromatin substrates, cloning, DNA sequencing library preparation, protein purification, and biochemical assays. An exceptional candidate will analyze sequencing data, lead their own independent project, develop new ideas, be familiar with the literature, and participate in procurement of funds, where appropriate. Additionally, the specialist will be expected to assist with managing day-to-day lab operations, and perform general lab duties and be a positive lab citizen.
• Excellent organizational and interpersonal communication skills (verbal and written)
• Willingness and ability to learn new methods and skills for changing research priorities.
• Ability to work independently and as a member of a research team.
• Ability to prioritize tasks, coordinate work tasks with others, and meet multiple deadlines.
• Must have (or be in process of obtaining) a bachelor’s degree (or equivalent degree) or four years of research experience to be appointed at the Junior rank.
• Must have (or be in process of obtaining) a master’s degree (or equivalent degree) or at least five to ten years of research experience to be appointed at the Assistant or Associate ranks.
• Must have (or be in process of obtaining) a terminal degree (or equivalent degree) or at least ten or more years of research experience to be appointed at the Full rank.
• Prior experience with advanced molecular biology approaches, such as large scale PCR and asymmetric ligation strategies.
• Prior experience in the design and assembly of DNA constructs.
• Prior experience in chromatin biochemistry.
We are seeking a 1-year commitment. Depending on performance and workload, opportunities for independent research, mentorship of other trainees, and scientific writing will be available.
Applicants must meet requirements by the time of appointment. Applicant’s materials must list current and pending qualifications upon submission.
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
Please apply online at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/JPF02980
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Cover Letter (Optional)
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Statement of Contributions to Diversity (Optional)
Misc / Additional (Optional)