Open date: April 22nd, 2020
Last review date: Sunday, Feb 28, 2021 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Final date: Friday, Oct 22, 2021 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
The Department of Family and Community Medicine in partnership with the Division of General Internal Medicine in the Department of Medicine is seeking an Executive Medical Director of Primary Care for a full time faculty position. The selected candidate will be appointed at the level of Associate or Full in the HS Clinical or Clinical X series depending on qualifications and interests.
UCSF Health is a leading academic health system operated by the University of California, San Francisco. Our large, diverse primary care population receives care in a variety of NCQA Level 3 PCMH certified primary care practice settings in San Francisco and San Mateo. These practices constitute an integrated UCSF Health Primary Care Service Line working collaboratively to optimize care for over 100,000 patients as well as to enhance the work experience of the 300 primary care clinicians along with the practice staff. The Primary Care Executive Medical Director (EMD) leads and represents primary care services and practices across UCSF Health. This includes ensuring delivery of care in accordance with the institution’s mission, vision, values and goals, along with strategic efforts to build and nurture an innovative, high value care model. The EMD mentors and supervises the medical directors in the leadership of nine primary care practices to optimize the quality of care, patient experience, staff and clinician experience, access, and value of care. The EMD works in close partnership with the UCSF
Health Office of Population Health on joint programs in population health management relevant to primary care and other departments and groups spanning the health system. The faculty member will supervise and teach residents, fellows and medical students in primary care.
• California licensed physician (MD, DO, or equivalent degree) by start date with board certification or eligibility and willingness to become board certified in a primary care specialty (e.g. family medicine, pediatrics, or internal medicine).
• At least 7 years of direct patient care experience in primary care ambulatory clinical practice, ideally with ongoing engagement in clinical practice.
• At least 3 years of experience as a medical director of a primary care practice, medical group, or equivalent experience.
• Experience in primary care transformation and performance improvement, such as patient centered medical home recognition, improvement collaboratives, 10 Building Blocks of High Performing Primary Care team care models, or similar projects.
• Experience with Accountable Care Organization (ACO) or related types of shared risk payment models and population health management programs.
• Experience working in an academic health system
• Experience in Lean improvement and management methods
Please apply online with CV, Cover letter and Statement of Diversity at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/JPF02978. To receive full consideration, please submit all materials prior to the initial review date. However, this position will remain open until filled. Applicant’s materials must list current and pending qualifications upon submission.
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Please see the following page for more details:
Misc / Additional (Optional)