Open date: April 2nd, 2020
Last review date: Friday, Oct 30, 2020 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Final date: Saturday, Oct 2, 2021 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
UCSF School of Nursing
Health Sciences Clinical Professor
The Department of Family Health Care Nursing is seeking an Assistant/Associate/Full Professor for full-time and/or part-time faculty positions to teach in the Master of Science, Neonatal Nurse Practitioner and/or Neonatal Clinical Nurse Specialist Specialties. The selected candidate will be appointed at the level of Assistant, Associate, or Full in the Health Sciences (HS) Clinical series depending on qualifications and interests.
Faculty in the Health Sciences Clinical Professor series are salaried appointees who teach, participate in patient care, participate in University and/or public service, and conduct scholarly and/or creative activities. Faculty in this series teach the application of basic sciences and the mastery of clinical care and procedures in all areas related to care of patients. Clinical practice opportunities may be available as a percentage of the position. Major faculty responsibilities include: teach graduate nursing students in the classroom, skills lab/simulation, and clinical setting with a focus in neonatal care, schedule and/or supervise neonatal nurse practitioner (NNP) or neonatal clinical nurse specialist (NeoCNS) students in the clinical environment for clinical rotations and service learning activities, as well as advise and mentor graduate nursing students.
Education/Licensure – Minimum (required):
• Masters or Doctoral degree in Nursing
• California Registered Nurse Licensure or eligibility
• California Nurse Practitioner and Nurse Practitioner Furnishing licensure, or eligibility; or California Clinical Nurse Specialist licensure or eligibility
• National certification as Neonatal Nurse Practitioner or Neonatal CNS
Experience – Minimum (required):
• Two or more recent years of clinical experience as an advanced practice nurse in NICU or affiliated NICU units
Additional Experience – Ideal (desired):
• Clinical experience working with underserved and diverse populations
• Clinical experience working in interprofessional team-based care
• Two or more years of classroom and/or clinical teaching experience with Advanced Practice Nursing students at the graduate level
• Experience with hybrid and/or online teaching
• Evidence of teaching excellence in classroom and/or clinical environments
• Evidence in strong leadership skills in clinical and/or academic settings
• Academic preparation in curriculum development, teaching methodologies, and supervised teaching residency/practicum
• Participation and/or leadership experience at professional organizations
• Proficient user of Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe products, and electronic health record system
• Multilingual skills, preferred languages: Spanish & Chinese languages.
Please apply online with CV, cover letter, statement of contributions to diversity, statement of teaching, and contact information of three references, key publications, and syllabi of courses taught, if applicable at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/JPF02964. To receive full consideration, please submit all materials prior to the initial review date. However, this position will remain open until filled. For additional information, please contact: Annette Carley, Chair, Search Committee at Annette.Carley@ucsf.edu.
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, and community services have prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and inclusive excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or protected veteran status.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching
Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Please see the following page for more details:
Key Publications (Optional)
Syllabi of Courses (Optional)
- 3 required (contact information only)