Open date: March 26th, 2020
Last review date: Friday, Apr 10, 2020 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Final date: Sunday, Sep 26, 2021 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
An Associate Specialist position is available in the UCSF/SFVAMC Cardiovascular Imaging Research Center to work with Drs. Mitsouras and Hope. The incumbent will be primarily responsible for developing advanced MR imaging methods for evaluation of abdominal aortic aneurysm disease as part of a recently funded VA Merit Review Award.
This includes development of MRI protocols for anatomic, flow, and vessel wall mechanical assessment, including dynamic contrast enhanced imaging, displacement encoding, and 4D flow imaging, using highly accelerated compressed sensing and reduced field-of-view acquisitions.
The candidate will be responsible for conducting imaging studies in human subjects using newly-developed and clinical MRI sequences, and to help in the development of advanced analysis and postprocessing tools for evaluating data that result from these studies.
The incumbent will have the opportunity to work and interact with renowned clinical and imaging science colleagues and will have the opportunity to work on identifying viable MR imaging and analysis methods for addressing topics of high clinical relevance in vascular diseases.
- Doctoral degree in biomedical imaging, physics, bioengineering, engineering, or related field.
- Ability to write technical documents and research publications.
- >=2 years experience in the use of MR scanning equipment, MR image reconstruction, and familiar with the properties and underlying principles of MRI.
- Programming experience (e.g., Matlab, python, GE EPIC, Siemens IDEA).
- Candidate must meet the qualifications by the time of hire.
- Candidate’s CV and/or cover letter must list qualifications (or if pending) upon application submission.
- Demonstrated proficiency with MRI pulse sequence development.
- Proficiency in the principles of hemodynamics, and the associated biomechanical forces including wall shear stress.
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service that has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
Please apply online at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/JPF02962, with a CV and cover letter.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Statement of Contributions to Diversity (Optional)
Misc / Additional (Optional)