Open date: February 27th, 2020
Last review date: Friday, Apr 3, 2020 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Final date: Friday, Aug 27, 2021 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
Senior Research Specialist (Molecular and Cell Biology) – Feng Lab
University of California, San Francisco
Department of Radiation Oncology
The Feng Laboratory at the University of California, San Francisco is seeking to recruit an outstanding candidate to fill a Senior Research Specialist position (Full Level). The ideal candidate will be able to independently develop, guide, and complete research projects and train lab personnel.
Research in the Feng Lab focuses on (1) identifying molecular drivers of prostate cancer pathogenesis, (2) understanding the mechanisms that contribute to disease progression and metastasis, and (3) developing novel therapeutic strategies. Our lab utilizes cancer genomics, cell biology, CRISPR screening, and mouse modeling approaches to answer fundamental questions underlying prostate cancer biology, with the goal of translating discoveries from the lab into the clinic.
Recently, we performed a whole-genome and whole-transcriptome analysis of 101 castration-resistant prostate cancer metastases and published in the journal Cell (PMID: 30033370, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cell.2018.06.039). This study identified associations between distinct DNA repair alterations and classes of structural variants, enhancer amplifications that drive common oncogenes, and novel gene fusions involving coding and noncoding genes.
We work collaboratively with basic scientists, computational biologists, pathologists, and oncologists at the UCSF Helen Diller Cancer Center. Please refer to fenglaboratory.com for additional details.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Working independently and collaboratively to develop and complete research projects.
• Training lab members, including guiding and troubleshooting experiments for PhD students, postdocs, and laboratory staff.
• Assisting with the development of grant proposals.
• Possess a PhD degree or at least ten or more years of experience in the relevant specialization.
• Applicants need to be self-motivated, fast learners, critical thinkers, and enthusiastic about science and medicine.
• Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and independently.
• Strong ability to problem solve and troubleshoot experiments.
• At least 2 years of experience working with mammalian cell lines in culture.
• Experience performing basic molecular biology techniques, including molecular cloning, nucleic acid isolation, PCR, and protein expression analysis.
• Postdoctoral training with expertise in cancer biology.
• Experience culturing primary human organoids.
• Experience performing gene transfer studies using lentiviral infection of human cell cultures.
• Experience performing knock-down experiments using shRNA lentiviral infection and CRISPR-based techniques.
• Experience managing mouse colonies and conducting xenograft studies in mice.
Salary and appointment will be commensurate with the applicant's experience and training. This position is available immediately. Please apply online at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/JPF02894.
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Statement of Contributions to Diversity (Optional)
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 3 required (contact information only)