Open date: February 4th, 2020
Last review date: Tuesday, Mar 31, 2020 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Final date: Wednesday, Aug 4, 2021 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
Professional Researcher- Youngho Seo Lab
An Assistant, Associate, or Full Professional Researcher position in the area of Radiation detection physics and instrumentation is available within the UCSF Department of Radiology and Biomedical imaging. The successful candidate will initiate independent research projects, perform and oversee the tasks of significantly funded research projects, management and supervision of trainee research activities, writing of grant applications and peer-reviewed journal manuscripts.
- A PhD degree in a relevant discipline (e.g., physics, biomedical engineering, bioengineering, applied physics, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, radiological sciences).
- Minimum of 2+ years of research experience in ionizing radiation physics and instrumentation, data science, or relevant field
- Track record of 5+ peer-reviewed publications
- Track record of significantly funded project leadership as PI or co-I for consideration of Associate or Full level appointment
- Track record of independent research
- Principal investigator for a grant
- History of potential to develop a sustained source of research funding
- Completion of post-doctoral fellowship
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service that has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
Please apply online at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/JPF02880.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Cover Letter (Optional)
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Statement of Contributions to Diversity (Optional)
Misc / Additional (Optional)