Open date: January 31st, 2020
Last review date: Sunday, Mar 1, 2020 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Final date: Saturday, Jul 31, 2021 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
Director of Acute Care Services UCSF Health
The Department of Psychiatry at the University of California, San Francisco invites applications for the Director of Acute Care Services at UCSF Health. The Director of Acute Care Services will supervise all hospital-based acute care including the LPPHC Adult Psychiatric Inpatient Unit, the Consultation-Liaison Service, which provides consultation to the Emergency Department, Inpatient Medicine, Inpatient Surgery, Inpatient OB/GYN and covers these services 24/7. This is a full-time position and will be filled at the Associate or Full Professor level in a faculty series commensurate with experience with a start date of July 1, 2020 or later.
- MD or equivalent, board certified or board-eligible in psychiatry, and licensed to practice medicine in California
- Experience in developing and providing both adult psychiatric services in complex academic health systems, with a primary focus on inpatient psychiatric care delivery models and conventional psychiatric consultations in the inpatient medical setting.
- Excellence in clinical curriculum development, direct teaching, and mentoring of trainees in clinical services environments
- Demonstrated leadership experience in clinical systems
- Record of scholarship in education, clinical innovations, or research
- Demonstrated cultural competence in working with underserved and culturally diverse trainee and patient populations
- Manage existing, and develop new inpatient and/or psychiatry consultation care models at UCSF Health, a dynamic and complex health delivery system, through the lens of continuous quality improvement processes
- Work with the department and UCSF Health leadership to advance integration of inpatient mental health and medical care throughout the UCSF Health delivery system.
- Provide direct patient care, including clinical consultation, through traditional methods and tele-psychiatry
- Educate UCSF health professional trainees through teaching and supervision, and modelling clinical and/or educational scholarship for trainees
- Collaborate with training program directors in psychiatry and other disciplines to develop novel clinical curricula
- Be open to collaborating with faculty on health services research opportunities.
- Participate in departmental, university, and/or public service
Apply online at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/JPF02859.
UCSF seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching
Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Please see the following page for more details:
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 3 required (contact information only)