Open date: January 15th, 2020
Last review date: Thursday, Jan 30, 2020 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Final date: Thursday, Jul 15, 2021 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
Junior Specialist - Bhushan Lab
University of California, San Francisco
The Bhushan Lab at the UCSF Diabetes Center is seeking a lab technician at the Junior Specialist rank. The main focus of our research is to identify and develop new models to study the role of senescence in Diabetes and Ageing related diseases. The research is equally divided between in-vivo and in-vitro studies. The candidate will manage lab business (20% time) and provide support for scientists and postdoctoral fellows in the lab (80% time).
The major responsibilities of this position include:
• Mouse colony management (Breeding, Weaning, Genotyping)
• Sectioning and Immunohistochemistry
• Tissue Culture
• Lab supplies ordering and maintenance
• Safety protocol management
• Specialist appointed at the junior level must possess (or in process of obtaining) a BA or BS degree in biological or biochemical sciences (or a related field).
• Applicants must have obtained the required degree for the Specialist rank by the time of hire.
• Minimal 8-12 months previous experience in a laboratory.
• Experience with animal handling.
• Excellent organizational skills and strong work ethic.
• Applicant’s materials must list (pending) qualifications upon submission.
Please apply online here: https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/JPF02846.
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service that has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Cover Letter (Optional)
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Statement of Contributions to Diversity (Optional)
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 3 required (contact information only)