Open date: January 8th, 2020
Last review date: Monday, Mar 23, 2020 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Final date: Thursday, Jul 8, 2021 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
SPINE AND TRAUMA ACADEMIC POSITION
UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA, SAN FRANCISCO
Assistant/Associate Professor Level Position
The University of California, San Francisco, and Department of Orthopaedic Surgery is recruiting for two orthopaedic surgeons. These are full-time appointments that will be at the Assistant or Associate Professor level, commensurate with experience.
Incumbents will participate in departmental clinical, teaching, and research activities at the University of California, San Francisco/Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hospital Orthopaedic Trauma Institute and affiliated hospitals including Regional Medical Center-San Jose. Incumbents will be expected to collaborate in clinical and/or basic research as well as publish subsequent results in peer reviewed journals. The selected individual will also be responsible for and provide an integral role to teach clinically relevant topics for residents, medical students, and fellows.
• A valid California medical license will be required as a condition of employment.
• Board certified or eligible in Orthopaedic Surgery.
• Completed an accredited Orthopaedic Surgery residency program.
• Candidates should possess fellowship training in both orthopaedic trauma and spine surgery or fellowship training spine surgery and a strong clinical interest in orthopaedic trauma.
• Associate level candidates will have clinical experience beyond the fellowship year and experience in research and teaching in an academic institution.
• Applicant’s materials must list (pending) qualifications upon submission
• Applicant must have all requirements met by time of hire.
Please apply online with CV, cover letter, statement of contributions to diversity, a statement of research, and contact information of three references at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/apply/JPF02808.
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Statement of Research
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Please see the following page for more details:
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 3 required (contact information only)