Open date: December 19th, 2019
Last review date: Monday, Jan 6, 2020 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Final date: Saturday, Jun 19, 2021 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
Research Specialist – Solomon Lab
University of California, San Francisco
Department of Pathology
The UCSF Department of Pathology is searching for a Research Specialist (Junior or Assistant Level) in Dr. David Solomon’s cancer research laboratory, http://solomonlab.ucsf.edu
Salary and appointment rank will be commensurate with the applicant's experience and training. This position is available immediately.
The candidate will participate in a Translational Pathology Research Laboratory aimed at defining the epigenomic profile of human tumors using the Illumina Infinium EPIC 850k Array System. Daily responsibilities will include DNA extractions from human cancer samples, bisulfite treatment, and hybridization to methylation arrays, as well as data management.
• Specialists appointed at the junior rank must possess (or in process of obtaining) a Bachelor of Science degree in Biological Sciences or other science discipline.
• Specialists appointed at the Assistant rank must possess (or in process of obtaining) a Master’s of Science degree in Biological Sciences or other science discipline.
• Applicants must have obtained the required degree for the Specialist rank by the time of hire.
• Applicant’s materials must list (pending) qualifications upon submission.
• At least some research experience in a laboratory environment and familiarity with molecular biology basics such as PCR is expected.
• The ideal candidate will be highly motivated, very organized, and eager to learn and participate in high impact cancer research.
Appointees in the Specialist series will be expected to engage in specialized research, professional activities and do not have teaching responsibilities. Specialists are expected to use their professional expertise to make scientific and scholarly contributions, and may participate in University and Public Service.
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service that has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
Please apply online at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/JPF02800.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Statement of Contributions to Diversity (Optional)
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 2 required (contact information only)