Open date: November 27th, 2019
Last review date: Monday, Feb 10, 2020 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Final date: Thursday, May 27, 2021 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
Junior Specialist (Ingraham Lab)
The Department of Cellular & Molecular Pharmacology is now recruiting a Junior Specialist. The area of specialization/responsibilities will include:
• Working understanding of molecular and cellular biology.
• Basic independent ability in techniques of molecular biology including, PCR, as well as microscopy.
• Management of lab supplies, ordering, and equipment.
• Mouse husbandry
• Mouse tissue isolation, collection, and culture
• Detailed recording of experiments and clear communication of progress and results.
• Bachelor’s degree in biological sciences or an appropriate scientific field
• Basic molecular biology techniques including PCR.
• Able to work independently and meet deadlines; recognize and resolve problems while maintaining a high level of organization.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills to interface with the team to review and analyze the results.
• Some experience working in a research laboratory
• Willingness to learn new techniques and work on multiple projects
• Microsoft office suite (Will Instruct for Other Programs)
• Mouse experience
• Tissue isolation, collection, and culture experience
• Cryostat sectioning
• In Situ Hybridization
• Tissue Culture Methods
• Image j, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, PRISM
Please apply online and submit a CV, cover letter, and 3 references who we may contact directly to: https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/JPF02778.
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service that has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Statement of Contributions to Diversity (Optional)
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 3 required (contact information only)