Open date: November 6th, 2019
Last review date: Thursday, Nov 21, 2019 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Final date: Thursday, May 6, 2021 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
Associate Specialist- BIEEGL (Brain Imaging and EEG Lab)
The Department of Psychiatry is now recruiting for an Associate Specialist. The areas of specialization/responsibilities will include:
• Analyze fMRI and EEG data sets on an individual subject and group level
• Prepare and export appropriately organized fMRI and EEG output data for higher level analysis by PI and/or presentations or publications by PI
• Program new scripts in Matlab and other programming languages as needed
• Maintain and update internal lab image data processing pipeline and tables in Matlab and mySQL, respectively
• Apply QA programs to ensure high quality data, including PHP scripting for easy web access
• Maintain and monitor web-based EEG upload site and associated dashboards
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s and Master's Degree (or equivalent) in a related field OR five years research experience
• 1-2 Years of relevant experience
• Statistical (regression) and data/signal or similar processing experience
• Comfortable scripting in Matlab and working in Windows, Linux/Unix, and Mac OSX environments
• Basic database knowledge (mySQL)
• Good organizational skills
• Ability to work independently
• Familiarity with some of the following: AFNI, Brain Vision Analyzer, BIDS, BXH tools, Docker, E-prime, EEGlab, FIPS, fMRIPrep, FSL, freeSurfer, Microsoft Access, OpenClinica, PHP scripting, Presentation, Python, R, RedCap, SAS, SPM, SPSS
Please apply online at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/JPF02755, with a CV and cover letter.
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service that has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Statement of Contributions to Diversity (Optional)
Misc / Additional (Optional)