Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
The Department of Laboratory Medicine is now recruiting for a Junior or Assistant Specialist. This position will support preclinical development for novel gene and cellular therapies. You will have the opportunity to work on true “bench-to-bedside” projects translating basic research in CRISPR-mediated editing of human T cells toward actual patient therapeutics. This work may lead to publications in scientific journals and will support clinical trials for treatment of patients with autoimmune disease, cancer, and other types of disease. Specific tasks include molecular biology, cell culture, flow cytometry, FACS, new assay development, and experimental design. You will also gain expertise in clinical trial design, preclinical development, and cGMP manufacturing for experimental cellular therapies. This position will entail working closely with Drs. Brian Shy and Jonathan Esensten in the Department of Laboratory Medicine, and with the laboratory of Dr. Alex Marson in the Department of Microbiology and Immunology.
• Specialists appointed at the Junior rank must possess a bachelor’s degree (or equivalent degree) or four years of research experience.
• Specialists appointed at the Assistant rank possess a master’s degree (or equivalent degree) or five years of experience in the relevant specialization.
• Prior experience in laboratory research environment and with basic molecular biology techniques (pipetting, PCR).
• Experience with plasmid design and cloning, tissue culture, and cellular immunology techniques including lymphocyte culture, flow cytometry, and sorting.
Screening of applicants will begin immediately and will continue as needed throughout the recruitment period.
Please apply online at: https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/JPF02741, with a CV, cover letter, and at least one reference (contact information only).
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service that has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Statement of Contributions to Diversity (Optional)
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 1-3 required (contact information only)