Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
Junior Specialist- Zaro Lab
The Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry is now recruiting for a Junior Specialist. This is a laboratory-based research position focusing on mechanisms by which cancer and pathogens evade our immune system. The lab utilizes chemical and biological tools and mass spectrometry techniques to answer these questions. Responsibilities will include performing cell culture, mass spectrometry sample prep and flow cytometry as well as administrative duties such as managing safety protocols and inventory. The successful applicant will be trained by and work directly with the PI.
• BA/BS Degree in a Biological or Chemical Sciences.
• Knowledge of, or experience with the basic techniques or methods required by the position; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Basic laboratory skills: molarity calculations, accurate solution formulation, pH determination, maintenance accurate notebooks, ability to understand and follow basic laboratory protocols in direct supervision, ability to perform complex tasks without committing errors.
• Cell culture: Must have experience culturing cell lines
• Molecular biology: Laboratory experience with PCR and Western blotting.
• Team player with good communication and interpersonal skills.
• Willingness to learn and motivated to succeed.
• Experience with mass spectrometry, immunoprecipitations, flow cytometry/FACS, and or microscopy.
• Completion of an undergraduate research project.
Please apply online at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/JPF02739, with a CV, cover letter, and three references.
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service that has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Statement of Contributions to Diversity (Optional)
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 3 required (contact information only)