Open date: November 22nd, 2019
Last review date: Monday, Jan 27, 2020 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Final date: Saturday, May 22, 2021 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
Junior, Assistant, Associate, or Full Specialist
Department of Neurology, School of Medicine
University of California, San Francisco
The Department of Neurology is recruiting appointees to the Junior, Assistant, Associate and Full rank of the Specialist series for various laboratory positions. Appointees in the Specialist series will be expected to engage in specialized research, professional activities and do not have teaching responsibilities. Specialists are expected to use their professional expertise to make scientific and scholarly contributions, and may participate in University and Public Service. Salary and rank will be commensurate with the applicants’ experience and training.
• Appointees to the Junior Specialist rank must possess a baccalaureate (or equivalent) degree or at least four years of research experience.
• Appointees to the Assistant or Associate Specialist rank must possess a master’s (or equivalent) degree or at least five years of research experience.
• Appointees to Full Specialist rank must possess a doctoral (or equivalent) degree or at least 10 years of research experience.
• Applicant's materials must list (pending) qualifications upon application submission.
• Applicants must possess the required qualifications by the time of the appointment.
Screening of applicants will begin immediately and will continue as needed throughout the recruitment period.
Please apply online at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/JPF02731, with a CV, cover letter, and the names titles, and e-mail addresses of two peer references who we may contact directly. Applications received outside of the online process cannot be considered.
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service that has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Statement of Contributions to Diversity (Optional)
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 2 required (contact information only)