Open date: October 31st, 2019
Next review date: Friday, Feb 21, 2020 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Apply by this date to ensure full consideration by the committee.
Final date: Friday, Apr 30, 2021 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
The Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hospital (ZSFG) Division of the University of California, San Francisco Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences (Ob-Gyn & RS) is seeking a Maternal Fetal Medicine (MFM) physician and inspirational leader to oversee obstetric services at ZSFG as an Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor. The selected candidate will be appointed in the Health Sciences Clinical, Clinical X, Adjunct, or In Residence series depending on qualifications and interests.
This individual primarily will provide MFM care at ZSFG and serve as a consultant to their obstetricians and certified nurse-midwives, serve as the Medical Director of the ZSFG Family Birth Center, and work with ZSFG Radiology to provide advanced obstetric ultrasounds. The candidate will have the opportunity to collaborate and work closely with the UCSF MFM Division based at the UCSF Betty Irene Moore Women's Hospital and be part of the core teaching faculty for UCSF’s MFM training program.
The incoming candidate will also cover multiple clinical services; participate in QA, QI, and compliance activities; support birth equity efforts; train and mentor medical students, residents, and fellows; participate in outreach efforts and community partnerships; and participate in research and/or creative activities consistent with the ZSFG Ob-Gyn & RS mission of advancing the health of underserved patients.
• Completion of medical school, residency, and Maternal Fetal Medicine fellowship at AAMC- and ACGME-accredited programs
• Board eligibility or certification in Maternal Fetal Medicine
• Eligibility for appointment as an Assistant/Associate/Full Professor
• Evidence of scholarly productivity, mentorship, high-quality teaching, leadership, and/or quality improvement initiatives
• Excellent communication skills and ability to function in a consultative role
• Given our patient population, we highly prefer a candidate with an interest and experience in medical education and in caring for underserved, predominantly Latinx patients, with a focus on health equity.
• Fluency in Spanish is preferred but not required.
Please apply online, providing a curriculum vitae, cover letter, statement of teaching, statement of contributions to diversity and 3 contacts for references at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/JPF02707. To receive full consideration, please submit all materials prior to the initial review date. However, this position will remain open until filled.
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or protected veteran status.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching
Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Please see the following page for more details:
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 3 required (contact information only)