Open date: September 25th, 2019
Last review date: Monday, Feb 24, 2020 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Final date: Thursday, Mar 25, 2021 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
UCSF Division of Palliative Medicine
Division of Palliative Medicine Faculty
The UCSF Division of Palliative Medicine (DPM), based at our UCSF Health sites, is seeking applications for full-time faculty.
Our goal is to create opportunities for faculty to achieve academic success and a rewarding career in academic palliative medicine through clinical experiences that match their interests and opportunities for clinical innovation and program development, educational scholarship, research, quality improvement, and more.
Highlights of this role include:
• Outstanding and dedicated colleagues, staff, and trainees of all levels (e.g. medical students, residents, fellows) and of multiple disciplines
• Academic environment with commitment to excellence and innovation in patient care, education, and research
• Strong interdisciplinary teams where each member is highly valued as an equal contributor
• Culture of support, mentorship, and leadership development
• Diverse practice settings, including inpatient palliative care services at multiple sites, outpatient clinics, video telemedicine, and a home-based program
• A cutting-edge research environment within the DPM and across UCSF, which affords virtually unlimited opportunities for research and other types of academic productivity
• Dedicated time for scholarly work and opportunities for leadership of clinical, educational, and research programs
• An institutional culture that is collaborative and highly receptive to palliative care
• A diverse patient population in a beautiful, vibrant city
Candidates may be at the Assistant, Associate or Full Professor level; rank and series will be commensurate with qualifications. Successful candidates will have outstanding references, clinical expertise, and evidence of or potential for leadership in teaching, research, quality improvement, medical education, program development, or another academic area. Candidates must possess an MD (or equivalent) degree, be board certified in any primary specialty and board certified/eligible in Hospice and Palliative Medicine by hire date. Candidates must also have Palliative Medicine Fellowship training or other comparable experience, and be eligible for licensure in the State of California at the time of hire. Applicant’s materials must list (pending) qualifications upon submission.
Interested applicants should apply with 1) a letter of interest that includes a description of their preferred practice setting (e.g. inpatient and/or outpatient palliative medicine) and academic interests, 2) their CV, 3) a statement of their contributions to diversity, and 4) contact information for at least three references (name, position/title, address, email and telephone).
For more information on the Division of Palliative Medicine, visit our website at https://palliativemedicine.ucsf.edu/
University of California, San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to excellence and diversity. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
To apply: https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/JPF02688
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Cover Letter - a letter of interest that includes a description of their preferred practice setting (e.g. inpatient and/or outpatient palliative medicine) and academic interests
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Please see the following page for more details:
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 3 required (contact information only)