Open date: September 9th, 2019
Last review date: Tuesday, Oct 15, 2019 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Final date: Tuesday, Mar 9, 2021 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
Shin Lab – Junior/Assistant/Associate/Full Specialist
School of Medicine – Department of Microbiology and Immunology
The Shin lab is seeking a Junior/Assistant/Associate/Full Specialist to contribute to ongoing projects investigating the molecular mechanisms by which dendritic cells contribute to immune-associated diseases. This investigation will include examining how the ubiquitin ligase enzyme MARCH1 (Membrane-Anchored RING CH1) controls dendritic cell ability to mediate activation of T lymphocytes. Various mouse models of human diseases will be used including the house dust mite-driven allergic asthma and the experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis, a mouse model of multiple sclerosis. Various cell biological and biochemical assays will be used including cell culture, fluorescence microscopy, flow cytometry, immunoprecipitation, and gene cloning. Individuals who are interested in understanding the molecular detail of dendritic cell biology and utilizing this understanding for the development of novel therapeutics are encouraged to apply.
The candidate will perform experiments under the direction of PI or other lab members. This will include in vivo experiments using mice and in vitro experiments using various cell biological and biochemical methods. The candidate will be expected to document analysis and research findings using MS word, excel, PowerPoint, flowjo, and prizm software. The candidate will be also expected to actively participate in lab meetings by presenting his/her experimental data and discussing with other lab members. An exceptional candidate will lead their own independent project.
• Must have (or in process of obtaining) a bachelor’s degree (or equivalent degree) in Biological/Biochemical sciences (or other relevant field) or four years of research experience to be appointed at the Junior rank.
• Must have (or in process of obtaining) a master’s degree (or equivalent degree) in Biological/Biochemical sciences (or other relevant field) or at least five to ten years of research experience to be appointed at the Assistant or Associate ranks.
• Must have (or in process of obtaining) a terminal degree (or equivalent degree) in Biological/Biochemical sciences (or other relevant field) or at least ten or more years of research experience to be appointed at the Full rank.
• Applicants must meet requirements by the time of appointment.
• Applicant’s materials must list (pending) qualifications upon application submission and expected date at which (pending) qualifications will be met.
• Minimum one year of experience working in a biology, biochemistry, or biomedical research laboratory.
Additional qualifications for the position
• Excellent organization, interpersonal and communication skills
• Computer skills (MS Excel and Word)
• Attention to detail
• Ability to work independently
• Ability to take initiative in solving problems
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
Please apply online at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/JPF02669
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Statement of Contributions to Diversity (Optional)
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 2 required (contact information only)