Open date: August 16th, 2019
Last review date: Sunday, Sep 15, 2019 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Final date: Tuesday, Feb 16, 2021 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
Chief of Audiology
Department of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery
University of California, San Francisco
The Department of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery at the University of California, San Francisco is searching for a new Chief of Audiology. The position’s primary responsibility is to identify and promote a central, unified mission for the department which builds upon the rich clinical and academic history of the program and affords UCSF visibility and recognition on a regional, national, and international level. The Chief of Audiology is expected to have a Ph.D. or Au.D. Degree, California Audiology license or eligible for California Audiology Licensure, and preferably a record of publications. Preference will be given to candidates with both the Ph.D. and Au.D. Degree. Academic and clinical interests in cochlear implantation are preferred. In this full time position, the Chief of Audiology will be expected to maintain a clinical practice, and will participate in clinical training and research programs for medical students, residents, and Au.D. candidates. The selected candidate will be appointed at the level of Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor in the Clinical X or HS Clinical series depending on qualifications and interests.
- Direct research programs in audiology
- Promote, mentor, model, and lead scholarly activity in the department
- Maintain a clinical practice
- Encourage and foster collaborative research relationships within the department and with peer institutions
- Participate in dissemination of research findings in various formats including regional, national, and international conference podiums and posters, and peer-reviewed journals
- Foster a department culture of collegiality, collaboration, and trust, will promote and demonstrate innovation and resourcefulness, and will seek to promote partnerships within the department, community, and other related programs
- Participate in teaching of residents and students
All applicants must apply online with CV, Cover Letter, Statement of Research, Statement of Contribution to Diversity, and the contact information for two references at: https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/JPF02642
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, and community services has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or protected veteran status.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Statement of Research
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Please see the following page for more details:
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 2 required (contact information only)