Open date: August 23rd, 2019
Last review date: Sunday, Sep 22, 2019 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Final date: Tuesday, Feb 23, 2021 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
Vice Chair for Strategic Development and Langley Porter Psychiatric Hospital and Clinics Vice President for Strategic Development
The Department of Psychiatry at the University of California, San Francisco invites applications for a Vice Chair for Strategic Development position concurrent with the Langley Porter Psychiatric Hospitals and Clinics Vice President for Strategic Development. This is a full-time position and will be filled at either the Associate or the Full Professor level in the Clinical X series with a start date of January 1, 2020 or thereafter.
- MD or equivalent, ABMS board certified in Psychiatry, and licensed to practice medicine in California
- Proven track record in behavioral health strategy and service delivery in the Bay Area
- Experience with child, adolescent and adult behavioral health program development
- Cultural competence in underserved and culturally diverse patient populations
- Proven track record of academic stature in complex health systems
- Leader for strategic growth and development for the Department of Psychiatry and the Langley Porter Hospital and Clinics.
- Partner with UCSF Health Strategy and others to develop relocation plans for LPPHC, and to build inpatient and intensive behavioral health services for children, adolescents and adults.
- Partner with UCSF Health Strategy for other growth opportunities in the Bay Area
- Provide direct patient care
- Educate UCSF health professional trainees on health systems, through direct teaching and collaboration with training program directors
- Participate in departmental, university, and public service
Please apply online at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/JPF02630, with a CV, cover letter, and a statement of contributions to diversity.
UCSF seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Cover Letter - In the cover letter, please include:
A Statement of Teaching
A Statement of Academic Stature in Complex Health Systems
A Statement of Experience with Child, Adolescent and Adult Behavioral Health Program Development
Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Please see the following page for more details:
Statement of Research (Optional)