Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
McManus Lab – Molecular Biology Tech
The McManus Lab at the University of California, San Francisco is seeking a motivated individual with a passion for molecular biology/cancer biology/high throughput approaches. A major focus of the position will be to assist in a high throughput screen to uncover part of the dark matter of the human genome. Previous research experience is required, but we are open to training the right individual. Candidate must be willing to work as an integral member of a research team, must be organized, and must have strong communication skills. This is a full-time position at UCSF and an ideal position for applicants interested in basic science and research. This is, at minimum, a two-year position.
Qualifications (at minimum):
• Specialists appointed at the junior rank must possess a baccalaureate degree (or equivalent degree) in the biological sciences or a related science OR must have at least 4 years of research experience.
• Specialist appointed at the Assistant rank must possess a master’s degree (or equivalent degree) in the biological sciences or a related science OR must have at least 5 years of research experience.
• Knowledge of and experience with basic molecular biology protocols: PCR, DNA sequence analysis and cloning; comfort working with instrumentation and computers; maintenance of accurate notebooks and computer files; team player with good communication and interpersonal skills; willingness to learn, seek out advice and admit errors; highly motivated to succeed.
• Analytical skills and comfort with basic statistics a plus.
• Strong organization skills and the ability to multitask and work under minimal supervision is key for this position.
• Perform molecular biology techniques including DNA/RNA extraction, PCR, plasmid preparation and basic cloning.
• Perform basic molecular and cellular biology experiments
• Perform high throughput library preparations including sample preparation, library generation and quality control
• Maintain accurate notebooks and computer records
• Perform other duties as assigned
Appointees in the Specialist series will be expected to engage in specialized research, professional activities and do not have teaching responsibilities. Specialists are expected to use their professional expertise to make scientific and scholarly contributions, and may participate in University and Public Service. Screening of applicants will begin immediately and will continue as needed throughout the recruitment period. Salary and rank will be commensurate with the applicants experience and training.
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service that has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
Please apply online at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/JPF02598.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Cover Letter (Optional)
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Statement of Contributions to Diversity (Optional)
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 3 required (contact information only)