Open date: July 26th, 2019
Last review date: Friday, Nov 15, 2019 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Final date: Tuesday, Jan 26, 2021 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
CHIEF OF PEDIATRIC CARDIAC ANESTHESIA
DEPARTMENT OF ANESTHESIA AND PERIOPERATIVE CARE
The Department of Anesthesia and Perioperative Care at the University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) seeks an outstanding individual to serve as Chief of Pediatric Cardiac Anesthesia. The successful candidate will have a national reputation as a leader in the areas of patient care, medical education, and research, as well as exceptional administrative and organizational skills.
This is an exciting and unique opportunity to be a contributing leader with one of the preeminent academic health centers in the world, practicing at some of the finest hospitals in the country. Currently, the Department of Anesthesia and Perioperative Care has over 200 faculty, 82 residents in clinical training, and over 20 research-trainees and fellows. In addition to the Moffitt-Long Hospital, very active units of the department exist at the Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hospital and Trauma Center (inpatient and outpatient, and the only Level 1 Trauma Center available for the over 1.5 million people living and working in San Francisco and northern San Mateo County), San Francisco Veterans Affairs Medical Center (inpatient and outpatient), Mt. Zion Medical Center (outpatient, including 23 hour stays and the chronic Pain Management Center), the UCSF Orthopedic Institute and the Benioff Children's, Betty Irene Moore Women's and Bakar Cancer (NIH-designated Cancer Center) Hospitals in the Mission Bay neighborhood. The Department now has essential roles in patient care outside of the operating rooms, with active participation in Ambulatory Care, Acute and Chronic Pain, and in the Preoperative Clinic.
• Lead, direct, and oversee Pediatric Cardiac Anesthesia services, research, and education at a major teaching hospital. These responsibilities include, but are not limited to, leading congenital cardiac anesthesia clinical operations to ensure efficient utilization of clinical provider resources while delivering high quality patient care, monitoring and improving patient and provider satisfaction, and promoting effective collaboration among our clinical partners.
• In conjunction with the Vice Chair for Education, will facilitate undergraduate and graduate medical education within the division.
• In conjunction with the Vice Chair for Faculty Affairs, will promote the careers of division faculty.
• In conjunction with the Vice Chair for Research, promote congenital cardiac anesthesia research.
• Provide teaching, supervision and support of education innovations in congenital cardiac clinical and research educational program learners.
• Develop and maintain a direct reporting relationship to the UCSF Department of Anesthesia and Perioperative Care Chair. Together with the Department Chair, will identify goals and develop, monitor, and share metrics to track progress on goals.
The position will be appointed at the Associate or Professor rank in the In-Residence or Clinical X series. Applicants must be board certified or equivalent in Pediatric Anesthesia, fellowship-trained or equivalent in pediatric cardiac anesthesia, and licensed to practice medicine in California by the time of appointment. The successful candidate will have demonstrated exceptional leadership, administration, and program development skills in clinical services, research, and medical education within a complex academic environment; knowledge or experience in the provision of perioperative services; demonstrated cultural competence in working with culturally diverse trainee and patient populations; and be recognized for their contributions to congenital cardiac anesthesiology. Applicant’s materials must list (pending) qualifications upon submission.
UCSF seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
Formal applications materials can be submitted online at: https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/JPF02591
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Statement of Research
Statement of Teaching
Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Please see the following page for more details:
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 3 required (contact information only)