Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
Andino Lab – Junior/Assistant/Associate/Full Specialist
SCHOOL OF MEDICINE - Microbiology & Immunology
The Andino lab is seeking an Junior, Assistant, Associate or Full Specialist to contribute to ongoing projects. Our lab focuses on RNA virus pathogenesis. We are interested in virus evolution and mechanisms of antiviral defense (see Vignuzzi, et al., Nature 2005; Acevedo, A., Nature 2014; Stern, A. et al., Cell 2017; Xiao, Y., Nat Commun 2017). The candidate will be expected to contribute to these projects by conducting virology, and molecular biology, virus manipulation, high throughput RNA sequencing, cloning, protemics sequence analyses, mathematical modeling, etc. An exceptional candidate will be able to design and execute experiments in mammalian cells and animal models of infection, and study the mechanisms of the infection process. Additionally, the specialist (like all members of the lab) will be expected to assist with managing day-to-day lab operations and perform general lab duties and be a positive lab citizen.
• Must have (or in process of obtaining) a bachelor’s degree (or equivalent degree) or four years of research experience to be appointed at the Junior rank.
• Must have (or in process of obtaining) a master’s degree (or equivalent degree) or at least five to ten years of research experience to be appointed at the Assistant or Associate ranks.
• Must have (or in process of obtaining) a terminal degree (or equivalent degree) or at least ten or more years of research experience to be appointed at the Full rank.
• Excellent organizational and interpersonal communication skills (verbal and written).
• Willingness and ability to learn new methods and skills for changing research priorities.
• Ability to work independently and as a member of a research team.
• Ability to prioritize tasks, coordinate work tasks with others, and meet multiple deadlines.
• All required qualifications including the degree requirement must be met by the appointment effective date.
• Prior experience with handling pathogenic microbes, aseptic techniques
• Prior experience in the bioinformatics
• Prior experience in high throughput sequencing and proteomics
Please apply online at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/JPF02590
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Cover Letter (Optional)
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Statement of Contributions to Diversity (Optional)
Misc / Additional (Optional)