Open date: July 15th, 2019
Last review date: Tuesday, Jul 30, 2019 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Final date: Friday, Jan 15, 2021 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
The Division of Experimental Medicine is now recruiting for a Flow Cytometry Specialist at the Junior, Assistant, Associate, or Full rank.
Responsibilities for this position include:
• Operation of flow cytometers and cell sorters for Core Projects and investigators requiring assistance
• Perform general maintenance, QC/QA following documented SOPs, generate new SOPs and protocols as needed
• Troubleshooting mechanical and software issues related to the flow core’s instrumentation
• Providing technical advice to users on experimental methods related to flow cytometry
• Assisting with life cycle management including data and equipment
• Assisting with new cytometry panel development projects
• Maintaining a current knowledge of best practices for flow cytometry
• Providing training for the use of the flow cytometers, sorters, and related software
• Mentoring of junior core staff members
• Specialists appointed at the junior rank must possess a baccalaureate degree (or equivalent degree) in Immunology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or related discipline or at least four years of research experience (e.g., with instrumentation and research equipment, social science research methods, or creative activities).
• Specialists appointed at the Assistant rank must possess a master’s degree (or equivalent degree) in Immunology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or related discipline or five years of experience in the relevant specialization.
• Specialists appointed at the Associate rank must possess a master’s degree (or equivalent degree) in Immunology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or related discipline or five to ten years of experience in the relevant specialization.
• Specialists appointed at the full rank must possess a terminal degree (or equivalent degree) in Immunology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or related discipline or ten or more years of experience in the relevant specialization.
• Extensive practical experience with multicolor immunophenotyping and cell sorting
• Strong foundation in flow cytometry theory
• Knowledge of immunology techniques and protocols
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
• Excellent communication and analytical skills
• Knowledge of relevant safety protocols
• Strong organizational and time-management skills
• A passion for supporting cutting-edge science
• Minimum of 3 years of experience with flow cytometry
• Previous supervisory/management experience regarded as a major strength
Appointees in the Specialist series will be expected to engage in specialized research, professional activities and do not have teaching responsibilities. Specialists are expected to use their professional expertise to make scientific and scholarly contributions, and may participate in University and Public Service. Screening of applicants will begin immediately and will continue as needed throughout the recruitment period. Salary and rank will be commensurate with the applicants experience and training.
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service that has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
Please apply online at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/JPF02583
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Statement of Contributions to Diversity (Optional)
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 3 required (contact information only)