Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
The Looney Lab is recruiting for a Specialist (Assistant, Associate, or Full). The level of appointment will depend on the track record of academic achievement including experience in the field, publications, and University and/or public service. Appointees at the Full level will be expected to provide considerable independence in planning and execution of research.
The search is for a Mouse Microsurgeon. A position is immediately available for an experienced microsurgeon capable of performing organ transplant surgeries in mice (lung, heart, kidney, liver) and other advanced surgical techniques. The candidate will join an existing mouse microsurgeon with two decades of experience in these techniques to form an ImmunoX-funded UCSF Mouse Microsurgery Core. Interested candidates should send a brief letter explaining qualifications and a CV.
• A MD and/or PhD degree with research experience in the biomedical sciences is required.
• Substantial research experience, productivity, and evidence of independence is required for the Full rank.
• Advanced surgical training and at least 3 years of experience with organ transplantation in mice or rats, which could include lung or abdominal organ transplantation using the cuff anastomosis technique.
• Experience with modern molecular techniques including flow cytometry and microscopy.
• Evidence of a capability to plan, execute, and interpret experiments.
• Basic knowledge and experience with the innate and adaptive immune systems is highly desirable.
Appointees in the Specialist series will be expected to engage in specialized research, professional activities and do not have teaching responsibilities. Specialists are expected to use their professional expertise to make scientific and scholarly contributions, and may participate in University and Public Service. Screening of applicants will begin immediately and will continue as needed throughout the recruitment period. Salary will be commensurate with the applicants experience and training.
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
Please apply online at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/JPF02582
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Statement of Contributions to Diversity (Optional)
Misc / Additional (Optional)