Apply by this date to ensure full consideration by the committee.
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
Junior Specialist Position (Blelloch Lab, UCSF)
The Blelloch Lab in the Eli and Edythe Broad Center of Regenerative Medicine at UCSF is announcing an exciting opportunity for a talented, energetic individual looking to gain experience in academic research. Specifically, we are looking for committed and motivated candidates to participate on a team investigating mechanisms in stem cell epigenetics. In this position the candidate will earn valuable exposure to stem cell biology, cutting edge technologies (including technology development) and bench research. Candidates will have the chance to acquire an essential skill set in the field of regenerative stem cell research, cell biology and biochemistry preparing them for future challenges in academic research. The candidate will have the opportunity to present their research at internal meetings and earn authorship on publications where they contribute data.
• Must have a recent (or in process of obtaining) B.A. or B.S. degree in biology, biochemistry, molecular biology, genetics, or a related field by the start date
• Previous (or in process) coursework in molecular biology, genetics, or biochemistry is mandatory
• Applicant must have (or in process of obtaining) experience working with embryonic stem cell culture, molecular cloning, flow cytometry, virus production, immunoprecipitation, CRISPR/Cas9 technology
• Applicant’s materials must list requirements upon submission
• Applicant must have Proficiency with Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, SnapGene, R and databases such as FileMaker
• Applicant must have demonstrated proficiency in lab work through lab experience outside of required courses
• Applicant must be an effective communicator with excellent organizational skills and work ethics, collaborate effectively on a team, and have a desire to pursue an advanced degree in biological sciences
• All requirements must be met by the start date
• Previous coursework in bioinformatics
Applicants will be considered until the position is filled. Please submit CV, a cover letter, and provide a minimum of 2 references from academic professionals supporting your research capability (contact information only).
Salary will be commensurate with the applicant’s experience. Please apply at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/apply/JPF02554
UCSF seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service that has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Statement of Contributions to Diversity (Optional)
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 2 required (contact information only)