Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
Faculty Member for Community Health Nursing
University of California, San Francisco, School of Nursing seeks a community health nursing faculty content expert for didactic and clinical teaching in the Master’s Entry Program in Nursing (MEPN). MEPN is an accelerated 12-month pre-licensure program for individuals with a baccalaureate degree in a non-nursing discipline or field of study. This will be an 80-100% FTE faculty position appointed at the level of Assistant or Associate in the Health Sciences Clinical or Adjunct series.
- Teach, develop and update course content, syllabus, and materials for the community health nursing course in MEPN;
- Arrangement of clinical experiences to coincide with the CHN course;
- Oversight and recruitment of clinical instructors and clinical placements;
- Curriculum development, academic advisement;
- Precept community nursing students in clinical sites;
- Supervision, teaching, and evaluation of students and clinical instructors in classroom, skills lab, simulation, and clinical settings;
- Provide community health nursing services at faculty practice sites;
- Recruit and retain a talented and diverse student cohort;
- Collaborate on course and program administration with MEPN faculty and program manager;
- Participate in School of Nursing committees and in professional organizations.
- Active and clear Registered Nurse license issued by the California Board of Registered Nursing.
- Active Public Health Nursing certificate issued by the California Board of Registered Nursing
- Master’s degree in Nursing is required.
- Two (2) years’ experience teaching in pre- or post-licensure registered nursing programs with responsibility for course design and participation in curricular activities or completion of a post-baccalaureate nurse educational course that includes practice in teaching registered nursing students given by an accredited college or nursing school that includes teaching strategies, course outline and lesson plan development, evaluation, and practice teaching.
- Minimum of one (1) year's continuous, full-time or its equivalent experience providing direct patient care as a registered nurse.
- Demonstrated leadership and competencies working with diverse multicultural groups among multiple disciplines.
- Strong communication, writing, and interpersonal abilities.
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe products.
- Evidence of teaching excellence, experience in patient care, and involvement in other scholarly activities.
- Academic preparation in curriculum development, teaching methodologies and supervised teaching residency/practicum.
- Experience teaching second-degree students, and teaching pre- or post-licensure nursing students.
- Multilingual skills, including: Spanish, Vietnamese, &/or Middle Eastern languages.
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service that has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence.
Affirmative Action Statement:
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
Please apply online with CV, Cover Letter, Statement of Contributions to Diversity, Statement of Teaching and the names, titles, and e-mail addresses of three references at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/JPF02547. To receive full consideration, please submit all materials prior to the initial review date.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching
Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Please see the following page for more details:
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 3 required (contact information only)