Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
Specialist Position in MR-guided Focused Ultrasound
University of California San Francisco has an opening for a researcher in the Specialist series in MR-guided focused ultrasound. This is a joint position between the departments of Radiology and Biomedical Imaging (Dr. Eugene Ozhinsky) and Radiation Oncology (Dr. Chris Diederich). Our lab’s work focuses on design and development of ultrasound devices and monitoring techniques for hyperthermia cancer therapy, thermal ablation procedures, drug delivery and activation. The candidate will be working on development of an MR-guided hyperthermia delivery system based on a commercially available FDA approved body focused ultrasound transducer, as well as other related research projects.
• Develop accelerated real-time MRI pulse sequences and reconstruction pipelines for temperature monitoring
• Design and implement control strategies for a robotic phased array focused ultrasound transducer
• Work with multiple software and hardware systems in order to make them work together to achieve the goals of the project
• Perform numerical simulations and pre-clinical experiments
• Perform in vivo experiments in an MRI environment
• Assist with clinical MR-guided focused ultrasound treatments
• Bachelor’s or graduate degree in Bioengineering, Physics, Computer Science, or related discipline
• Solid knowledge of MR physics and pulse sequences
• Good communications and writing skills
• Knowledge of ultrasound physics
• Familiarity with phased arrays
• Experience with image-guided therapy
• Experience with RTHawk real-time MRI platform
• Experience with InSightec ExAblate focused ultrasound system
How to Apply:
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service that has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Cover Letter (Optional)
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Statement of Contributions to Diversity (Optional)
Misc / Additional (Optional)