Open date: May 1st, 2019
Last review date: Wednesday, May 15, 2019 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Final date: Sunday, Nov 1, 2020 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
We are looking for enthusiastic, motivated individuals to join our lab focused on stem cell, craniofacial development, and gastrointestinal regeneration. The incumbent will conduct research in developmental biology by the establishment of CRISPR/Cas9 mutagenesis techniques. The position will involve the generation of novel mouse lines by utilization of CRISPR/Cas9 methodologies.
Job Responsibilities: Perform experiments and data analysis under the direction of PI. Tasks will include, but not limited to, the establishment and troubleshooting of protocols for the generation of transgenic mouse lines. In addition, the applicant will be expected to attend regular lab meetings and to perform additional duties in the lab as needed.
• A minimum of BA/BS degree or equivalent in cell/molecular biology or related sciences with one or more years of laboratory or mouse transgenetic core experience, including experience with mouse genetics
• Previous experience in working with mice
• Direct experience with at least one of the following is required: Mouse transgenesis by pronuclear injection, gene targeting in mouse ES cells, CRISPR/Cas9 mutagenesis.
• Ability to organize data and keep detailed records
• Proficiency with software programs such as Microsoft Word and Excel
• Excellent communication skills (both oral and written) in English
• Flexibility and willingness to work on multiple projects
• Prior experience in mouse handling and genotyping
• Prior experience in general and advanced molecular biology techniques
• Knowledge of UCSF policies and procedures
• Excellent organization skill and attention to detail
• Excellent time and task management skills
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment
• Ability to work independently
• Strong analytical abilities and problem solving skills
• Ability to maintain comprehensive laboratory notebook of experiments done on a daily basis
• Ability to work independently and assess need for assistance from supervisor
Appointees in the Specialist series will be expected to engage in specialized research, professional activities and do not have teaching responsibilities. Specialists are expected to use their professional expertise to make scientific and scholarly contributions, and may participate in University and Public Service. Screening of applicants will begin immediately and will continue as needed throughout the recruitment period. Salary and rank will be commensurate with the applicants experience and training.
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
Please apply online at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/JPF02482
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Statement of Contributions to Diversity (Optional)
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 3 required (contact information only)