Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
The Lung Biology Center in the Department of Medicine at the University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) is now recruiting Professional Researchers. The area of specialization and/or responsibilities for these positions include: specialized research related to pulmonary biology using techniques of bioinformatics, statistical genetics, pulmonary function measurements, molecular biology, cell biology, and in vivo disease models.
• Professional Researcher appointed at the assistant rank must possess a doctorate or its equivalent.
• Professional Researcher appointed at the associate rank must possess a doctorate or its equivalent. Appointees will be expected to possess unique and essential research expertise, make meritorious contributions in independent and creative research activity, and to participate in university and/or public service.
• Professional Researcher appointed at the full rank must possess a doctorate or its equivalent. Appointees will be expected to possess unique and essential research expertise, make meritorious contributions in independent and creative research activity, participate in university and/or public service, and have a substantial track record of research success and productivity.
• Track record of independent research
• Completion of post-doctoral fellowship
• History of potential to develop a sustained source of research funding
• Principal investigator for a grant
• Existing extramurally funded research program
Appointees in the Professional Research series will be expected to engage in specialized research, professional activities and do not have teaching responsibilities. Appointees are expected to use their professional expertise to make scientific and scholarly contributions, and may participate in University and Public Service. Screening of applicants will begin immediately and will continue as needed throughout the recruitment period. Salary and rank will be commensurate with the applicant’s experience and training.
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence.
The Univeristy of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
The University undertakes affirmative action to assure equal employment opportunity for underutilized minorities and women, for persons with disabilities, and for covered veterans. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, including minorities and women.
Please apply online at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/apply/JPF02479
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Statement of Research
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Statement of Contributions to Diversity (Optional)
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 3 required (contact information only)