Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
The McManus Lab at the University of California San Francisco is seeking a motivated individual with a passion for molecular biology/directed evolution/phage display. A major focus of the position will be to assist in a high throughput screen to uncover part of the dark matter of the human genome. A minor focus of the position will be to help run a shared collective of instruments for the Diabetes Center at UCSF. Previous research experience is required, but we are open to training the right individual. Candidate must be willing to work as an integral member of a research team, must be organized, and must have strong communication skills. This is a full-time position at UCSF and an ideal position for applicants interested in basic science and research. This is, at minimum, a two-year position.
Qualifications (at minimum):
• Specialists appointed at the junior rank must possess a baccalaureate degree (or equivalent degree) in the biological sciences or a related science OR must have at least 4 years of research experience.
• Specialist appointed at the Assistant rank must possess a master’s degree (or equivalent degree) in the biological sciences or a related science OR must have at least 5 years of research experience.
• Specialist appointed at the Associate rank must possess a master’s degree (or equivalent degree) in the biological sciences or a related science OR must have at least 5-10 years of research experience.
• Knowledge of and experience with basic molecular biology protocols: PCR, DNA sequence analysis and cloning; comfort working with instrumentation and computers; maintenance of accurate notebooks and computer files; team player with good communication and interpersonal skills; willingness to learn, seek out advice and admit errors; highly motivated to succeed. Analytical skills and comfort with basic statistics a plus. Strong organization skills and the ability to multitask and work under minimal supervision is key for this position.
• Perform molecular biology techniques including DNA extraction, PCR, plasmid preparation and basic cloning.
• Perform basic molecular and cellular biology experiments
• Maintain accurate notebooks and computer records
• Perform other duties as assigned
UCSF seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence.
UCSF is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
This position is at the University of California, San Francisco
Principals only. Recruiters please don’t contact this job poster.
Please, no phone calls about this job!
Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interest.
Reposting this message elsewhere is NOT ALLOWED
Please apply online at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/apply/JPF02449
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Statement of Contributions to Diversity (Optional)
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 3 required (contact information only)