Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
The University of California San Francisco is seeking a motivated individual with an interest in biological instrumentation. The major focus of the offered position will be to run a core of shared research instruments (including single-cell sequencing technologies, ultrasound flow cytometers, and high throughput screening platforms). This position occasionally grants the opportunity to work with newly designed technology months in advance of its release. Previous experience in lab management or maintenance is helpful. Candidate must be willing to work as an integral member of a research team, must be organized, and must have strong interpersonal skills. This is a full-time position at UCSF and an ideal position for applicants interested in learning a variety of research technologies or demonstrating leadership within a research setting.
Qualifications (at minimum):
• Specialists appointed at the junior rank must possess a baccalaureate degree (or equivalent degree) in the biological sciences, biomedical engineering sciences, or any related science OR must have at least 4 years of research experience.
• Specialist appointed at the Assistant rank must possess a master’s degree (or equivalent degree) in the biological sciences, biomedical engineering sciences, or any related science OR must have at least 5 years of research experience.
• Specialist appointed at the Associate rank must possess a master’s degree (or equivalent degree) in the biological sciences, biomedical engineering sciences, or any related science OR must have at least 5-10 years of research experience.
• Knowledge of and experience with basic molecular biology protocols: PCR, DNA sequence analysis and cloning; maintenance of accurate notebooks and computer files. Analytical skills and comfort with basic statistics a plus.
• Familiarity with computer systems and troubleshooting
• Basic understanding of sequencing technology, flow cytometry, DNA/RNA quality analysis,
• Strong organization skills, the ability to multitask, and independence with minimal supervision.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills in a lab setting coupled with a willingness to seek out advice and admit errors; highly motivated to succeed
• Manage existing and new membership within the core of shared instruments
• Training new users on a variety of instruments or scheduling training with a company for such purposes
• Troubleshooting errors in equipment and contacting the appropriate resources for repair
• Advising researchers on the availability and feasibility of equipment for their experiments
• Coordinating demos of new instruments for members of the collective
• Procuring new instruments to enrich the overall quality of research at Parnassus
• Perform other duties as assigned
UCSF seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence.
UCSF is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
This position is at the University of California, San Francisco
Principals only. Recruiters please don’t contact this job poster.
Please, no phone calls about this job!
Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interest.
Reposting this message elsewhere is NOT ALLOWED
Please apply online at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/apply/JPF02448
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Statement of Contributions to Diversity (Optional)
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 3 required (contact information only)