Open date: April 5th, 2019
Last review date: Saturday, Apr 20, 2019 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Final date: Monday, Oct 5, 2020 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
SPECIALIST POSITION IN BIOMINERALIZATION AND BIOENGINEERING
(CONTACT SUNITA HO: SUNITA.HO@UCSF.EDU; 415-514-2818)
The Biomineralization and Bioengineering Group at UCSF has an opening for a specialist position starting as soon as possible.
ENVIRONMENT: Interdisciplinary team members: bioengineers, materials scientists, surgeons from UCSF Schools of Medicine and Dentistry, UC San Francisco; physicists and materials scientists from UC Berkeley, and UC Davis
• Specialists appointed at the junior rank must possess a baccalaureate degree (or equivalent degree) or at least 4 years of research experience.
• Specialists appointed at the Assistant rank must possess a master’s degree (or equivalent) or at least 5 years of research experience.
• Specialists appointed at the Associate rank must possess a master’s degree (or equivalent) or at least 5-10 years of research experience.
• Specialists appointed at the Full rank must possess a terminal degree (or equivalent) or at least 10 or more years of research experience.
• Experience in microfluidics, and high resolution imaging techniques using electron and high-end light and x-ray microscopes, spectroscopy techniques
• Immunohistology and in particular immunogold labelling
• To leverage technology and address challenging questions.
• Excellent organization, communication (oral and writing skills) and interpersonal skills (needed to work as a collaborative team member); self-motivated with good time management skills
• Ability to work with large and complex databases
• Work independently yet being a strong team member; able to prioritize multiple tasks and competing priorities; demonstrate excellence in reliability and attendance.
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
Please apply online at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/apply/JPF02444
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Statement of Contributions to Diversity (Optional)
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 3 required (contact information only)