Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
IR and Center for Cerebrovascular Research Labs
Essential Duties and Job Functions:
We are seeking a highly motivated, creative and collaborative laboratory scientist to carry on vascular radiogenomics research projects on lesions like brain aneurysm, brain and peripheral AVM, brain AVF and dialysis fistula. This individual must demonstrate the ability to:
- Work independently design, perform and manage experiments including molecular biology, immunohistochemistry and cell culture etc.
- Develop and perform cell-based assays on cell lines and primary human cell cultures, flow modeling experiment skill is preferred.
- Proactively troubleshoot technical issues and recommend potential corrective actions based on personal observations and literature searches.
- Work both independently and collaboratively to advance projects, perform studies with minimal supervision.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- 2+ years of experience with FACS especially single cell sorting.
- 2+ years of experience with RNA sequencing especially single cell RNA-seq.
- 1+ years of experience with RNA sequencing data analysis.
- The candidate must have experience in using modern molecular biology and pathology techniques including qPCR, DNA/RNA sequencing, IHC staining and endothelial cell culture (HUVEC).
- The candidate must have experience in bioinformatics analysis of RNA sequencing data especially the data visualization by R console or python language.
- Extensive cell culture experience including primary and passage cell cultures especially endothelial cell like HUVEC.
- Proficiency with basic data analysis programs (Excel, GraphPad Prism, etc.) and application of statistics.
- Applicants must have excellent communication skills (both verbal and written), and strong organizational and planning skills.
- Degree: Ph.D.
- Candidates must meet the requirements by the time of appointment.
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service that has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
Please apply online at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/JPF02429
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Cover Letter (Optional)
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Statement of Contributions to Diversity (Optional)
Misc / Additional (Optional)